Enabling International Transactions on Kotak Bank Debit Card. How to Enable International Transaction on Kotak Debit Card through net banking, Kotak 811, SMS. How to Disable International Transactions on Kotak Bank international transaction.
Enable International Transaction on Kotak Debit Card
A debit card is a significant and mandatory banking facility designed to help in fund transactions. The card holds multiple features which enable the user to transact domestically and internationally. However, most features are turned off by default to keep the card safe from fraud. Banks allow debit card users to enable or turn on the disabled features anytime they wish to utilize the services.
Like all banks in the country, Kotak Bank India strictly follows the RBI regulations to manage the banking service. Kotak Mahindra Bank customer get their debit card with several functionality disabled. However, the bank has established various ways to enable the services without visiting the Kotak branch.
Required Details to Enable International Transactions on Kotak Bank
- Your CRN or customer ID
- Net banking
- Mobile app
- Registered mobile number.
Available Methods to Use
- Kotak net banking service
- Kotak 811 app
- Sending an SMS
- Kotak website page
How to Enable International Usage on Kotak Debit Card Using Kotak Net Banking
Step by step to Enable international transaction on Kotak debit card through Net Banking
- Go to the Kotak Bank website portal link https://netbanking.kotak.com/knb2/
- Key in your registered mobile number with the bank to verify your details.
- The system will send an OTP code to the number enter it to confirm and proceed.
- A new screen will open, displaying various options.
- Here you can enable or disable debit card international usage.
How to Enable International Transaction in Kotak 811
Step by step to enable your Kotak debit card international usage through Kotak 811
- Download the Kotak 811 app on your device.
- Enter your registered mobile number and CRN to complete the registration process.
- Now, log in to the Kotak 811 app using your MPIN or biometric authentication.
- Select the “service request” option followed by the “debit card” tab.
- Next, click “card controls” > “international controls” button.
- Proceed to the option “enable Ecom/POS/ATM” according to the user’s need.
- Recheck and click confirm tab to get an OTP to your registered mobile number.
- Key in the OTP and click the continue button to enable the service.
How to Enable International Transaction on Kotak Debit Card
Enabling Kotak Bank debit card international transactions
- Open your Kotak Bank net banking website.
- Next, enter your login credentials (username and password).
- Once logged in click the “cards” tab > “debit card” options.
- Proceed to the “click here to view/modify the limit on your debit card” option.
- Next, enable the international usage and select the continue button.
- The system will verify and save the changes.
How to Enable International Transactions on Kotak Bank Debit Card by Sending SMS
Using the registered mobile number, send an SMS in the following format.
- Type DCENB <space> last four digits of the debit card number > send to 9971056767.
- The bank will enable the debit card international transaction automatically.
How to Disable International Transactions on Kotak Bank international transaction
Steps to disable the Kotak Bank international transaction
It’s advisable to turn off the international usage tab after completing the transaction or need. This helps eliminate fraud on your account.
- Visit the Kotak 811 app and enter your login details.
- Press the “service request” > “debit card” > “card controls” options.
- Next, select the “disable international” option by pushing the button off.
- Review the details and select the continue button.
- Next, confirm the request to complete the process.
- Are there any charges for enabling international usage?
No, the request to enable or disable the international transactions is free. However, the money transaction conducted might have service charges.
- How long does it take to enable the international usage feature?
The process is pretty simple and works immediately, as the user needs to shift the button on or off.