Guide on Digibank saving account: Digibank Account Opening, How to Open Digibank Zero Account 2024. How to Open Digibank Saving Account Online. Required Documents
Digibank Saving Account
Digital transformation is well-received by the banking sector globally. The advanced tools and systems allow banks to simultaneously reach a vast number of users. Bank customers can also access services from their mobile and computer gadgets at ease. Digibank is a popular and significant digital bank service available on a user’s mobile phone. The bank allows customers to register and open saving accounts easily from the comfort of their homes.
The Digibank offers a zero balance saving account, making it a top banking and financial facility to provide flexible terms. It’s easy to get an account by downloading the Digibank service on your Smartphone. Digibank users can enjoy up to a 6% interest rate on the saving account. The rates start from 3.5% to 6% based on the balances.
Features of Digibank Saving Account
Digibank account offers multiple features and benefits as follows:
- The users can open an instant saving account: one needs to download the app to access instant account services. To complete the account application or opening process, the user should fill out their account form and activate the account.
- Zero balance account/no minimum average balance
Digibank users don’t have to maintain a minimum average balance.
- Uses pay wave
The Pay wave is a flexible and efficient way of transacting through the Digibank debit card. The account holder doesn’t require entering a PIN/password to use the card. However, the user needs to wave their debit card to pay enabled channels at any tap. The pay Wave facility works for transactions less than Rs. 2,000.
- Compatible with other saving accounts
It’s easy to merge all accounts on Digibank for easy functionality.
- It doesn’t require OTP verifications.
Most banking facilities require the user to provide an OTP code for verification and account security. For the Digibank saving account, the soft token helps verify all transactions.
- Easy balance check and statement check service
Digibank account user can trace their account details using the advanced Optimiser feature.
Required Documents for Opening Digibank Saving Account Process
To register for saving accounts, one must provide some documents to help complete the KYC details.
- PAN card
- Aadhaar card
- The nominee details
- Parent’s details and date of birth.
Download Digibank Banking APP link
How to Open Digibank Saving Account Online
Process of opening Digibank saving account
- Download the Digibank mobile app on your device.
- Next, open the app and select the “open Digisaving account” option on the menu.
- Proceed and key in your postal address and PIN code to continue.
- A new screen will open, confirm the PIN code and enter your Aadhaar number.
- Recheck the details and click the “confirm” button.
- To get the DBT/gas subsidy benefits, select the “link this account,” or you can choose the “NO” tab.
- Next, enter your PAN number and press the next button.
- A new page will open with a list of occupations; choose your activity to continue.
- Next, enter your father’s name, mother’s name, and applicant’s date of birth.
- Proceed and enter the nominee’s name, date of birth, and address.
- Select the “accept” option after reading the terms and conditions details.
- The user can opt for Aadhaar OTP or the in-person center method to complete their KYC details.
- The bank will process the request after the KYC verification. The Digibank debit card will be sent to the registered address.
Also read SBI Zero Balance Account Opening Online
- What is the interest rate for balances up to Rs. 1 lakh on Digibank saving account?
The bank calculates interest using the daily closing balance; for the balance ranging from Rs. 1 lakh, the interest rate is 3.5%.
- What is a Digibank account?
Digibank is a digital or online banking app compatible with mobile phones. However, the Digibank saving account is an online saving account with zero balance.