Easy ways to retrieve HDFC Customer ID through online and offline modes. How to Find HDFC Customer ID. How to Get Customer ID of HDFC Bank. Recover HDFC Bank Account CustomerID Using Online Portal.
What is Customer ID in HDFC Bank
Bank and financial institutions operate through unique features to help identify every customer. Banks provide customers with different bank accounts and advise setting unique login details. This helps curb fraud and allows for privacy in the banking sector. The bank also provides an account holder with a unique identifier that merges users’ information.
The Customer ID/CIF number is significant in the banking system as it helps identify the account user details. The ID allows the account holder to log in to their internet and mobile banking platforms. The HDFC bank, like other great banks in India, provides all registered savings and current account users with unique customer IDs. HDFC bank uses the ID to review users’ banking information such as loans, account balance, statements, and credit card and debit details.
Losing or forgetting the customer ID hinders customers from accessing any HDFC banking platform. The account user cannot request for new customer ID since it is a lifetime number. However, the bank has developed multiple ways to retrieve the CIF or customer ID quickly.
HDFC Bank Customer ID
Required Details for HDFC Customer ID Retrieval
The user must have the following details to initiate the recovery process.
- PAN card number
- Registered mobile number
- Date of birth of account user.
How to Find HDFC Customer ID
Offline methods: Offline platforms don’t require any internet or sometimes mobile device.
- Welcome letter
A welcome letter is a mandatory facility issued by the bank to new members. HDFC Bank offers welcome kits which contain accountholder bank information. The welcome letter shows the user’s account number, customer ID, branch, and other details. Ensure to save the customer ID number for reference.
- Through HDFC passbook
A bank passbook holds all banking details from transaction to user’s details. The bank account number, type of account, IFSC code, branch, SWIFT code, and customer ID are indicated on the first page.
- Cheque book
Like the passbook, the cheque book contains account user banking details on the front cover. The user needs to open and check from the customer ID.
- Account statement
The HDFC bank offers a detailed bank statement. The statement indicates the account user’s name, account number, bank branch, IFSC code, customer ID, and more. To avail of the customer ID, the user should check the first page and save the CIF number or customer ID for reference.
How to Get Customer ID of HDFC Bank ID
Step by step to get your HDFC customer ID by calling customer support
The bank allows customers to call for banking services using their registered mobile number.
- Open the HDFC website page and get the contact number of the area.
- You need to specify the details by providing the state and city.
- Next, make a call using your registered mobile number.
- You will be connected to a bank executive. Ensure to state your issue about the customer ID and your wish to recover the ID.
- The bank officer will ask for verification details such as account number, name, date of birth, and more.
- The bank will verify the details and send the Customer ID using SMS
HDFC Bank Customer care details link
HDFC Bank Customer Care Number 2023: 1800 202 6161 / 1860 267 6161
How to Recover HDFC Bank Account Customer ID Using Online Portal
Step by step to recover your HDFC account customerID using the online portal
- Go to the HDFC internet banking page https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Open the login page and select the “forgot customer ID” tab.
- The page will show a form, enter the following details:
- Mobile number
- Date of birth
- PAN number
- Captcha code
- Recheck the details and click the “continue” option.
- The system will send an OTP, enter the code and click the “confirm” button.
- The bank will verify the details and display the customer ID.
- You will also receive the customer ID through SMS.
- Save the customer ID for reference.
- Do I require a customer ID for net banking service?
Yes, the internet banking and mobile banking app require users to enter their customer ID and password to log in.
- Can I get another customer ID?
One cannot have multiple customer IDs; suppose you forget your ID use the modes above to recover your customer ID.