Simple steps to Deactivate Auto Debit Facility in SBI Credit Card: How to Deactivate Auto Debit in SBI Credit Card. SBI credit card auto debit deactivation online. State bank credit card auto debit deactivation form Download free.
SBI Credit Card Auto Debit Deactivation Online
State Bank, a public financial sector bank in India, offers customers the privilege to operate their account services. State bank of india customers transact freely through mobile and computer devices using simple digital platforms. It’s easy to access your debit card or credit card services through the online system, such as net banking and mobile banking services. The opportunities help the customer to operate without visiting the bank.
SBI credit cards work both physically and through an online system. The bank offers multiple credit cards to help every user fit the requirements. SBI account users should select a suitable credit card for their needs. The bank will review and approve the card dispatched at the given address.All pre-approved SBI credit cards come with the auto-debit facility.
Auto Debit Facility
The SBI bank has developed an auto-debit feature that debits pending credit card bills from your SBI account. SBI debits the amount at a specified date based on the agreement. The credit card bills include EMIs, home loans, car loans, utility bills, etc. The account user can activate or deactivate the feature anytime. The credit card user can request the bank to debit the amount or pay directly. Note auto-debit is not a compulsory service; the user can activate or deactivate the service.
How to Stop Auto Debit in Sbi Credit Card
Benefits of State Bank Credit Card Auto Debt Facility
- The facility allows for timely payment, which helps create a good credit score.
- No late payment charges.
- It is an easy way to pay multiple bills simultaneously.
- The process eliminates fraud or wrong transactions.
- The system offers two options: minimum due amount and total amount due.
Required details before deactivating the credit card auto-debit feature
To cancel the facility, ensure to have the following information:
- The SBI credit card number
- Applicant’s name
- SBI account number.
How to Deactivate Auto Debit in SBI Credit Card
Steps to deactivate the SBI credit card auto-debit facility. Step by step SBI Credit Card Auto Debit Deactivation Online
The state bank credit card user needs to fill out a deactivation form as follows:
- Open the SBI Bank website portal to download the SBI card auto debit deactivation letter link. https://www.sbicard.com/sbi-card-en/assets/docs/pdf/forms-central/autodebit-deactivation-letter.pdf
- Download the form and get a print copy in a pdf file.
- Enter the SBI Card Office on the section indicated “TO.”
- Next, key the required details such as:
- Cardholder’s names
- Credit card number
- SBI account number
- Review the information and enter your name and signature.
- Place the letter in an envelope and indicate the address to send to sbi credit card auto debit deactivation address:
SBI Credit Card Auto Debit Deactivation Address
SBI Card & Payments services Ltd.,
12th Floor, DLF infinity Tower, Tower-C,
Block no-2, Building-3,
DLF Cyber City,Gurgaon-122002
SBI Credit Card Auto Debit Deactivation Form
Request Form to Stop auto debit in sbi credit card download link
- The SBI bank office will receive the letter and verify the information. Once approved, the bank will cancel the auto-debit facility.
- The SBI office executive will communicate after the cancellation process.
Reasons to deactivate credit card auto-debit facility
- The account user can deactivate the feature to close the credit card permanently.
- If the user wants to pay bills at their convenient time.
- Suppose the bank account has an insufficient balance
- Can I deactivate the SBI credit card auto debit card service online?
No, the SBI bank hasn’t developed a way to cancel the auto-debit feature online. However, one can download the cancellation form from the web portal.
- What are the potential disadvantages of deactivating the auto-debit service?
- The user might forget to pay some of the credit card bills.
- The process might affect your credit score, especially when you forget to pay the bills.
- It opens up for identity theft.